Loving All

Loving All

Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend with Sara: Just the two of us and MING

I've been trying to be on time in updating this blog of mine but is not successful yet. I aimed to keep it update daily and will try to do so, finger cross. :)

Well, my hubby is still in Vietnam today and will be home later this evening. Hence, there were me, Sara and Ming enjoying the not so enjoyable weekend.

Saturday was a nice day and i learned a lot about my own daughter development. Pity me, that I did not notice my own daughter abilities with the fact how so little time hubby and I spend with her during weekdays. Last weekend I just realized she can hold her own bottle, aku siap pegang the botol for her while parking my car. So for this Saturday, I found out she can guling guling at all sides despite I'd been telling my colleagues how she won't just roll her body and only managed to lie still and angkat her kaki. Mummy is so sorry Sara, Mummy undermine you. She can laugh now, giggles, look at Mummy knowingly and smiles, roll her body if she wants milk, shouts whenever loosing the sight of Mummy. She can even shout at Ming whenever Ming at her sight. Wow, a lot of developments in just one weekend.

Although it's interesting, we still miss Papa so much and it's weekend but he's not with us, felt incomplete. But then, the day got worst (for me la) suddenly I could feel my throat swelling. Damn! So before it got worst, I washed Sara's clothes, her bottles, kemas kemas rumah here and there, power pumping for one hour, then settled down.

So on Sunday morning, I barely could speak. My body was weak (still a bit weak now), headache, neck aching and my throat was burning. Still, I know I won't be able to go to the clinic as Hubby not around. Took 2 paracetamol and lie down for a moment. Sara was shouting, I ignored her. Rested for 5 minutes, then layan Sara, changed her diaper, played with her and lots of other things. Well, my Sara is very playful, quite naughty, loves me to carry her around and famous for her loud shouting. As a mother, although I was weak, I could not not entertain her. There was one point, I could not get up but she was crying, so I forced myself, now I really understand why "Syurga Di Telapak Kaki IBU". It's not just the 9 months pregnancy but the whole life of a child, the mother will always try to make sure the child is safe and is always hoping for the best of the child.

So today, I took Med Leave as I know by going to work will make it worst due to air conditioned office. Dropped Sara at the nursery, went to the clinic (finally): excitedly I sprayed my swollen tonsil with the medication given by the doctor in the car, then spend the day resting. I need my energy back by tomorrow for one discussion with my boss.

Anyway, while resting, I cooked a few of my favorites, Cendawan Goreng and Tempe with Pusuk.

Cendawan Goreng
 
 
Tempe with Pusuk (Ikan Bilis)

The recipe is so simple I found in Rasa magazine and the internet.
Cendawan Goreng - Mix the blackpepper with the well beaten egg (include salt as well), dip the mushroom in the mixture, dip again in the corn flour, then just fry it. Wallaaaa....simple but delicious. Good for snacking.

Tempe with Pusuk (anchovies) - I simplified it by using the ready made sambal (mixture of chilli, onion, garlic), add a little oil in the sambal and stir until you can smell the aroma, add tempe and anchovies (all fried up first), add one tablespoon of air asam jawa, add a bit of belacan, then kacau altogether. Then add some brown sugar, then kacau again. Wait until everything is nicely mixed and cooked, angkat and MAKAN!!! Nice for lunch or dinner or even snacking like I did!

While I did all of these cooking, Ming2 the busybody cat always being her busybody self.
 
Ming at the Wet Kitchen

 
Ming at the Dry Kitchen

Well Ming is my BESTFRIEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment